Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

breast feeding 2nd time round

hi ladies im gate crashing from pregnancy/toddler forum just wondering if any of you bottle fed your 1st 1 and then went on to bf 2nd. my lo wouldnt bf due to be small for a term baby and jaundice let alone a stomach problem. I tried most feeds for a week butt ended up giving him a bottle because he wouldnt latch on i expressed for 6 weeks then gave up.Wish I hadnt (Hindsite a fantastic thing) I really would like to bf my second lo who is due new yr eve. Have you got any tips .Also concerned that Matt my 17th month old mite get a bit funny if i bf no2 x thanks laura

Replies

• Options
    hi there,congratulations on your pregnancy!i have a 3 yr old and a 4 1/2 mth old.with my 1st i only managed 3 weeks and then gave up,didnt have enough perseverence(sp?)and thought that the constant feeding would go on forever!With grace im still feeding now and hope to continue until shes at least 1 yr old.Its gone really well so you can do it!The early days were hard with demand feeding but by 9 weeks old she was sleeping thru the night and in a good feeding routine(about every 3 hrs)i think if your lo is gonna get jealous then he'll get jealous however you're feeding so i wouldnt let that put you off,in fact grace is now so efficient at getting the milk that she feeds in under 10mins leaving me more time with holly than if i were bottlefeeding.Give it a go it really is wrth it!!I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and wish you good luck,hanna n baby grace xxx