Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

That's me finished!!!

No more feeding for me. This will be the first day in Lucas' life that he hasn't had a feed from me. Sad but I'm happy he's growing big at the sa,e time. He's now 14 months and more like a toddler. I have loved feeding and will do it again someday hopefully!!! I can still give advice since I did it for so long and experienced all the same problems you did!!!

Replies

• Options
    14 months is such an achievement, well done, you must be so proud of yourself.

Did you gradually wean him off you?
  • Options
    Yup, was feeding him twice a day for quite a while (since 9 months) then last month stopped the bedtime feed so basically he knew the only place he'd get a feed was in bed in the morning. It did work coz it stopped him asking for feeds during the day. This morning i just didn't take him into bed so he didn't expect it or ask. Just gave him a cup of milk. I would def say cutting down is the answer, cold turkey would have been terrible! For my boobs and for him!
  • Options
    Oh LC, I hope you don't feel too sad! I feel sad for you. Do you think he'll twig that you're not putting him in bed with you and so not getting a feed and start asking for one?

It's good to hear you had your LO down to 2 bfs a day at 9 months - that's what I'm hoping to do as my LO will be 9 months when I go back to work. At that stage, was he having a bottle at all during the day?
  • Options
    Yup, he had one bottle before his morning nap. We got rid of the bottle just before he turned 1 too...just the dummy to go now! lol!
  • Options
    Hey hun, wow 14months thats good.
    Its been a weeks since I gave my daughter (13mths next wk) her last bf. I still get my evening cuddle whilst I give her, her bedtime milk. thankfully it wasnt a struggle, I just replaced it with some warm milk and she wasnt bothered. I probably could have done it few weeks earlier but I wanted that one last feed lol.

all the best with the dummy...thats one thing I wont have to deal with as she never had one! x
  • Options
    well done nicx, 14 months is really good, bet its nice to get your body backt o your self, but still sad at the same time. i think that freya is abouta week older than lucas but she is not ready to give up yet she just love sit so much i feel really mean depriving her of it yet. xx
  • Options
    Lucas wasn't ready either really i just felt i needed to get him off before he became psychologically attached and it bacame harder to get him off because he is getting older. Don't feel like I have my body back yet since my boobs are sore and huge and had to express off last night and this morning just a little bit!!! Even leaked thru my clothes yesterday!