Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Does any one else have an impatient little monkey?

Hi, since he was about 6 weeks Angelo has been very nosey and wanting to look all over the place when I'm feeding him..and it's only gotten worse! I have to feed him in absolute silence and oh can not make a peep. This is the main reason I won't feed in public as he would have no qualms in leaving me exposed.
But for the last few weeks now I've found that he'll feed one side and then seems to have had enough but will happily take the other side even though I still have milk on the original side. I'm thinking it may be once the milk is slower coming out he gets bored and frustrated,..although it worries me a little that he is not getting the good fatty stuff. Does anyone else have this problem?

ps.he will be 6 months at the end of the month

Replies

• Options
    Hi missymoo,

My little girl is 18 wks now and is a nosy madam as well. The other day I was feeding her whilst sitting next to oh and he spoke to her - well she whipped her head back to see him and oh ended up getting squirted with bmilk as let down reflex had just kicked in!! Lol. That will teach him anyway! She does this alot now and has done for about the past 6 wks. She still feeds well but I do have to be careful when feeding in public that i'm not exposed, and really have to have room quiet when giving her a bedtime feed.

She does seem to slow down on the first breast after a bit, then take the other, but I read somewhere that they take the bulk of the milk in the first 5-10 minutes of a feed anyway. She's gaining 10 - 13oz a week so I'm not too worried. It's just funny sometimes!
  • Options
    Hi missymoo, he sounds just like isaac. he is 10 months old now so luckily i dont have to feed too often when were out but like you even at home it has to be quiet as he is so nosey, its not always easy either as i have 3 other children so quiet isnt something that happens very often in out house. like your lo he also switches sides even though there is def milk left on the original side but i think it slows down and he is lazy so he swaps over. oh the joys, sorry i cant offer any help i just wanted to let you know you are not alone.
  • Options
    Lol, your poor oh..teach him to keep his mouth shut! Funny isn't it..even the sound of me swallowing water is too much of a distraction and his head shoots up to see what's going on! x
  • Options
    If he wants to swap side it may be that he wants a drink of 'skinny' milk rather than more rich milk. (your milk changes as your baby feeds)
  • Options
    Thanks girls. Hayley1, glad to hear I'm not the only one with 'boring' milk..lol! Yes I also think Angelo wants to swap when he gets to the rich milk as it is slower, but won't worry to much as he will start getting more nutrients from solids now. x
  • Options
    hiya - Lewis has turned his feeding into a game, he takes his head up and waits for someone to say boo lol and then he goes back for a suck then takes his head up and that can continue for awhile and if i put my boob away he goes mental! i think there all pretty nosey, but LEwis only sucks for about 5 mins each boob now anyway!