Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

half the bottle at night

Hi my son is coming up to 9wks this friday,he has abit of diarrea,cold,past 2wks he only had half the bottle during the night feeds,he has 6ozs during the day,he has 3ozs at night half the bottle.i dont know he is not being well,thats why he has less at night.does anybody else had this problem?i look forward to any advice.ayshea

Replies

• Options
    hi, does he fall asleep through his bottle at night or does he just not want it? if hes falling asleep, do his nappy half way thru the feed then hopefully he should finish it. if hes staying awake then he probably just needs that little bit of milk to keep him goin- does he only need that 1 feed at night? if so, hopefully he wont need it for much longer and start sleeping thru the night, it may also just be out of habit, he prob wakes thinks he need s feeding then gets himself bk to sleep- does he take a dummy?? it may jus b the comfort of suckng he needs to go bk to sleep. hope that makes sense and i havnt rambled on too much!! xxx
  • Options
    Hi xxbutterflyxx thanks for advice,he has his last bottle about 8/9pm has 6ozs of milk,wakes up about 4am has 3ozs and another bottle at about 8/9am same again,when i put teat of the bottle in mouth he moans alot till he starts sucking,i bought infacol try that,he got abit of wind.