Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Making feeds HELP

HI I AM DUE ON THE 16TH OF AUGUST AND WANTED SOME ADVICE I HAVE TT BOTTLES AND MILK DISPENSERS THIS IS HOW I WAS GOING TO MAKE FEEDS UP PLS GIVE ME YOU HONEST OPINION AS IM A FIRST TIME MUM AND NEED ADVICE:-

BOIL KETTLE ALLOW TO COOL AND ADD WATER TO BOTTLES LEAVE TO STAND ON SIDE

PUT MILK INTO MILK DISPENSERS AND ADD TO WATER WHEN NEEDED

HEAT IN JUG OF WATER IF REQUIRED

IS THIS RIGHT? :\?

Replies

• Options
    perfect hunni.
    i do this with my lo, but i dont need to heat it for her a sshe wont drink it warm, which makes life a hell of alot easier when we r out and about. good luck with everything. xxx
  • Options
    Absolutely fine - except you don't necessarily need to do the dispensers at home as you can just measure it straight into the bottle at the time! they are a godsend when you are going out though!

My lo takes it at room temperature. I never gave her it warm so she doesn't know any difference! just a tip to maybe try that with your lo as it is easier when you are out and about!

Good luck image
  • Options
    hi thanks for your replies thats great. Does anyone add the milk and then keep them in the fridge and warm them when they are needed as this is another way i have been told am so confused!
  • Options
    That is the old way of doing it - make up all the feeds and store them in fridge (not door) for up to 24 hours! It is not recommended nowadays as the milk can breed bacteria, even in the fridge! hence, why they say to make it fresh at each feed! However, people have done it the other way for years so it can't be that bad! i think it is purely personal choice image
  • Options
    can i ask how long water can be left to stand before being thrown away?
    also does the formula mix with cold water as good as with hot/warm water?
  • Options
    I have never been given a definite time for water to stand but I personally would not do more than 24 hours!

Formula does mix with room temperature water but mixes better with the cooled boiled warm water