Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

windy

I've read whats been said about the Dr Brown bottles but do they really work?I mean really really work?My baby has cried for between 5-8 hrs constantly the past three nights and its breaking my heart.He's fine during the day feeds but come a certain time he starts and doesn't stop.He is also very difficult to wind.I've tried infacol and colief so far,he is still too young for gripe water and I'm willing to try anything.desperate>>>>>>>>

Replies

• Options
    They def. helped Toby with his wind problem but we have stopped using them as the teats were flowing too slow (next size up WAY too fast!) so he was barely eating anything and ended up crying for food every 2hrs as he was hungry!
    Toby just had wind issues though, not full on colic. He is 11-weeks today and I think showing signs of growing out of it - i.e. he's burping himself if we just sit him upright. We are using Detinox instead of Infacol - our HV said she doesn't rate Infacol anymore so we thought we'd give the Detinox a whirl - its going well too!
    xxx
  • Options
    I tried the girls on Colief as thought they had colic. They were writhing around during feeds, screaming afterwards and taking ages to settle. I thought it was working but on the 2nd day of taking it they had another screaming fit. I stopped using it and bought some Dr Browns bottles and they are so much more comfortable. They bring their wind up on their own, settle better after feeds and are taking more at each feed too. I'd also heard that Infacol may not be worth bothering with
  • Options
    Just a follow on from my post...seems Toby winding himself was short lived, his wind problems are back! So one last resort, we tried him again on the Dr Browns bottles but a faster flow teat (size 3) he is getting on great and doing really well. Taking more milk at a feed as his tummy isn't hurting as much from wind and making him feel full Winding well and just really contented after a feed. Daytime sleeps are better too! We have scrapped infacol and detinox now and will be using gripe water after feeds if he is struggling!
    xxx
  • Options
    Glad Toby is getting on better Joo. The girls have gone straight onto size 2 teats as they were so slow with the size 1s
  • Options
    Hey thanks for the advice,he seems a bit better lately but not sure if thats the colief or dr brown bottles but now I have a new dilema,He used to be fed every 4 hours and was quite happy with that but now he wants feeding every 3 hours.I've tried changing him onto hungry baby milk buy at the moment it's still every 3 hrs,is this normal ?I thought it got longer not shorter?
  • Options
    I was giving him 5 ozs and he was still draining it and looking for more 2 hrs later.do you think I was wrong to change his milk?
  • Options
    How old is he? Is it possible he's hit a growth spurt? Toby has had them and went from feeding every 3hrs (ish) to feeding every 2hrs and he was very grumpy all through it! It lasted a few days.
    Like another poster said, I wouldn't use hungry baby milk unless he is draining 8-9ozs and your HV has recommended it too. Try increasing the amount you're offering and see how he goes?
    xxx
  • Options
    I also meant to say, if he's feeling better wind use on the Dr Brown's bottles, it could be now his tummy has less wind, he is just able to drink more. This happened with Toby, as soon as he tried the Dr Brown's bottles but on the level 3 teats he took me at a feed because his tummy wasn't full of wind!
    xxx