Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help

im a first time mum my baby is 7 weeks old and dosent settle with feeds she acts hungry but will only have 2oz we had to change her milk twice coz of recations to the milk now with SMA gold but her poo is green dont no what to do any suggestion thanks

Replies

• Options
    which formula milk have you tried in the past?

i have heard that if you do change a babies milk you will be disrupting their digestive system and hence the green poo. it is meant to settle though.

she doesn't have wind does she?
    it could be that she is thirsty. have you tried a bit of boiled and cooled water
  • Options
    Hi,

We had this problem with Tamzin untill last Saturday. She is 8 weeks old and went from taking 7ozs each feed to 3ozs. We put on cow and gate comfort and she is loads better. Not colicky, she is now draining her bottles again. We also got nasal drops yesterday from gp as she is a little bunged up.
  • Options
    hi jack is 9 weeks old and i noticed he wasnt taking as much, so got new teets for bottles with wider hole and now he is taking his normal amount. think the smaller hole tired him out.

becsxx
  • Options
    hi i used to have the same problem..so i gave my dd a little cooled boiled water..as they do get thirsty and formula is food and wont quench their thirst..it really helped.x
  • Options
    Cow and gate comfort is a god send, cameron was on it when he was colicky! he wasnt off his milk before hand though so dont no if this will solve your problems!

Green poo can indicate wind hun, perhaps take the bottle out after a few mins and try winding, see if a little burp will help the milk go down?

x