Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Teets for comfort milk

Hello,
My lo is 12 weeks and has just gone on Aptimal comfort milk which is thincker becuase of tummy issues. We are currently using Avent bottles with size 3 teats but the milk doesnt seem to come out very easily. Any recommendations for teats/bottles for thicker milk?

Sxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Slow

Toby has been using the Avent Variflow teats for a while now as his milk is thicker too (was SMA Staydown for Reflux, now C&G Comfort Follow On). They have 3 different flows so you can adjust according to how your LO sucks. Be warned tho, the slowest No. 1 is actually quite fast!!! It took T a good few days to get used to the flow, but now he gets on really well with them.

He has also been using TT CTN bottles with size 3 teats and getting the milk through fine with those too (they are 6m+). The thing with Avent teats is that they have 3 tiny holes instead of a bigger hole like TT, so thicker milks won't come through as easy!

HTH a bit xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks MummyJoo, may have to invest in some different bottles then
  • Options
    I use TT bottles with number 3 teat for comfort milk. LO is 16 weeks and is able to drink well through these
  • Options
    Thanks nina698. I've got some tt bottles now so will try them out. Sxx
  • Options
    i use cow and gate comfort too and have both avent and tt bottels. for avent i use a variflow teat and the tt ones i use the free flow ones (has a cross instead of holes) boots sell a large range havea look in therr xxxx