Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is it the formula?!

My 2 1/2week old is suffering from constipation, which i'm pretty sure is due to him being formula fed. Has anyone elses LO's suffered the same & how did you help him/her? I've tried giving him some cooled boiled water, but am not sure how much!
Sarah xx

Replies

• Options
    Formula fed babies do get constipation more than bf babies. Offer him as much water as he will drink and if he's really struggling you can add a 1/2 tsp brown sugar to it - my lo loved this and it worked too. Dont be too tempted to change formula as changing formulas can give them constipation as it is...I changed from sma gold (my lo was fine on this) to sma white and I thought the sma white had made him constipated but it was actually just the fact I had changed formula, after 2 days he was fine and now poos for england! So give it a while, keep on with the water (you can also add a tsp orange juice - pure - if the sugar doesnt work) and if no change then maybe consult your hv about changing formula x