Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

10 weeks and still feeding often

My ds is 10 weeks on Sunday and I am still finding that he feeds every 2 to 3 hours. Sometimes this can be every hour such as tonight. The only time he goes longer is if we go out and he will sleep while the car/pram is in motion.

Starting to feel like something is wrong as I swear ds1 started to go longer between feeds at this age. It's not helping that ds2 hardly ends up in his Moses as I am so tired and keep falling asleep.

Really at my wits end as I need more sleep image

Replies

• Options
    My LO was exactly like this too hun. At this age, they are growing so rapidly and it is likely that you will have times of what feels like constant feeding. There isn't much you can do I'm afraid except for riding it out and keep remembering that you are giving your LO the best start in life.

I seem to remember, from around 12/13 weeks, things did get a bit easier and feeds did space out a bit more.

Sorry I'm not help but well done for persevering.

Jo x
  • Options
    Hi ya, my little one was like this for a while, although she did start sleeping through the night from 12 weeks so it kind of made up for all the hard work in the end.

Will get better.

• Options
    Guess I am just hoping for too much as ds1 got into his own routine early on and slept well at night. Will just have to keep going it's nice to hear I'm not the only one that it's happened to.