Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How to Move Completely off the Breast?

Hiya all,

Just after a little help - My LO is 19 weeks old and is happy taking bottles, but I am trying to wean her off of the breast and as she uses it heavily for comfort I am really struggling to move her off the breast, I find it so hard not to give her me for comfort.

Any suggestions on the ways youve moved on, its not just a case of moving 1 bottle a week etc - Ive got that, I have to say a big part of my own problem I can answer which is that I let her feed heavily on my chest for most of the night!!! So she is still taking a feed or 2 through the night - im just too much of a softie!!

Thanks in advance all x

Replies

• Options
    Hi i dont have any advice im affraid! Just wanted to say i am having the same problem... Lila is 19 weeks and uses me as a comfort. She is also attatched all evening and the only way to get her to settle is to let her use me. And she is still up atleast 2/3 times a night. Its so frustrating but like you im to much of a softie to do anything about it. To be honest, im just really hoping she grows out of it! She doesnt take a bottle at all either. Your not alone! image
  • Options
    Does your Lo have a dummy? my lo is 14 weeks and I've noticed in the past week or so that he's feeding and then staying on my breast for a little comfort to help him sleep. he doesn't have a dummy but i thought i might need to introduce one to him to use, instead of my breast, as a comforter. i've tried him with a TT dummy but he gags when he puts it in his mouth so im going to go and buy a MAM one tmrw and give it a try.

I hope you manage to sort something out x