Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feedings lasting an hour or more

Avie is 3 weeks and her feedings are always around an hour. Does that seem wrong? The only thing I can think of is she's not latching right, but it seems alright to me and it's not hurting me in anyway. I had her latch checked when she was about a week old and was told it was perfect and it hasn't seemed to change.

If it's normal for feeds to last this long that's fine, I'm not looking to push her to finish sooner, I just want to be sure she's feeding the best she can.

Replies

• Options
    My dd was like this in the begining, but it did improve (I can't actually remember when it did). Now she takes about 30 seconds!
  • Options
    I had the same in the beginning. My daughter is now 9 weeks and feeding much more quickly. I think they must get more efficient as they get bigger and stronger. X
  • Options
    yup my lo was the same when he was tiny, think its normal as one doctor told me he should be feeding for 30 mins at a time (he was 4 months old by this point though so think she had her wires crossed haha!)xx