Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not very hungry in the morning!

My Jack is 3 months old and has started eating less at his 7am feed...is this normal?

His schedule is this:

7am....used to be 7oz but now 4oz

10.30am....7oz

2.00pm....7oz

6.00pm....7oz

10.30pm....6oz

Replies

• Options
    Does he wake for the feed at 10.30pm or is it a dream feed? I only ask because it may be that he doesn't really need this feed and that's why he's eating less in the morning. I know when my DS was getting ready to drop his night feeds he really went off his morning milk.

I initially dropped the dream feed and just decided to feed him when he woke in the night which he did for a few nights but then he just stopped waking for a feed at all and he started taking his morning milk well again.

I'm not suggesting you would want to do the same thing and my DS was about 16ish weeks when this happened so a little older but just putting the thought out there!

And don't worry if he does drop the feed in terms of not getting enough milk in 24hrs cos he will just up the amount at each feed in the day to compensate.

Or it could just be a phase and hell go back to taking his morning milk just fine on his own!!! :lol:

HTH