Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

breastfeeding

Hi there, i'm breastfeeding my 6 week old little girl but am thinking of going away for one night for my sisters 30th. i understand that i'll have to take my breast pump to express milk through night and to throw it away why i've been drinking but i'm worried she wont latch on when i come home. My little girl will be missing out on at least 3-4 feeds off me, she'll be having my breast milk but from a bottle off grandma. i'll stop drinking about 1 in the morning and will be home to get her around 10-11 in the morning, after having a bottle of wine will i be able to put her straight to breast when we get home and my main worry is will she after missing 3-4 feeds forget how to latch on. Just need some advice and reassurance because if there's a chance that she wouldn't latch on when i got home i wouldn't go. please help.

Replies

• Options
    i have just come out of hospital after 3 days and my lo went over 24 hours without me feeding him and him having to have bottles of expressed when i got chance to breastfeed him he practically jumped on and i only got to feed him twice a day so he was going at least 12 hours without me feeding him the other days i think he actually missed his booby feeds :lol: a lot of ladies have told me that for 1 day they wont forget what to do
  • Options
    Thank you very much. i've been getting myself all worked up. My husband thinks we deserve a lttle break and even though i know he's right i can't help but get upset for leaving her the night. i feel so much better now. Thank you for replying back so quick. x x
  • Options
    some you time will be good i found it hard when i had to leave zac and cried when i leaked as was a bit late expressing

hope you enjoy your night away if you decide to go x
  • Options
    I had some wine when my baby was about 6 weeks (family party where my baby came with me) and expressed and threw the milk away for about 8 hours after the wine and used previously expressed milk to feed her during those hours and she was okay. I never fed her as I didnt want her getting any milk with wine in! My Health Visitor said she wouldn't get any after that long. She latched straight back on and was fine! x