Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pulling off and fidgeting during feeding

Hi

My ds is 9 weeks and exclusively bf. We've had no problems apart from the odd niggle with feeding up to now.

But for the last few days he's been feeding for a few minutes then really fidgeting and pulling off all the time. I try winding him and re latching or changing boobs but he just does the same again. In the end i have to stop the feed as he just wont stay latched but he gets very upset and still seems hungry so will end up having another feed half an hour later with the same result. He normally feeds every 2-4 hours ish during the day.

He doesn't do this with every feed but does anyone have any idea why he's started doing this? Is he not really hungry or has wind? Any advice much appreciated

Replies

• Options
    Do you have a very fast let down? It could be that he cant keep up with the milk flow when it comes in?

My LO has always been quite fussy i think it's a combination of a fast let down and also wanted to have a good look around at something that isnt a boob.

It took me about 3 months for my boobs to actually settle down a bit and the fast let down settled down too - i hope it gets easier for you soon xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. I do have a fast let down so it could be that, i might try and express a little off when this happens see if it helps x