Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone else melted a teether in a steriliser??

Hi ladies

I have gone and melted my teether in my microwave steriliser the other night! Cant believe i did it when i only bought it the other day and it said do not microware!!

baby brain!

Because it melted and it was still in one piece i didnt think it was a problem so i have been still using my steriliser. but i have noticed today that they is a couple of light red ink transfered onto the sterilser, should i replace my steriliser? I feel awful for not picking up on it before i hope i havent done my baby any harm.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hubby melted the anticolic rings in our steriliser by not putting water in it before microwaving! There was a bit of plastic transfer like you describe but I just soaked the steriliser in sterilising fluid and then gave it a good clean before rinsing. It happened ages ago and I still use it, I dont think you will have done your baby any harm xx
  • Options

No I have never sterelized a teether in microwave steriliser. As you told some ink transfered onto steriliser so just try to remove it. If it removed then no need to replace otherwise you should replace it.