Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How to help thrush???

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry to be on again but I've now caught thrush (after having antibiotics for mastitis image ) and hoping you can help advice what I can do to minimise it passing from me to baby back and forth and clear it up quickly.

I'm hoping to see my GP tomorrow so will see if she can give us the medication we need but desperate to not make it worse and do all I can to shift it quicker as we've had such a rough time feeding what with initial issues, mastitis and now this.

Honestly wonder why i bother sometimes!

Feeling very low at the moment as a result of being on ABs for 2 weeks, mainly stuck indoors and being run down and after feeling so happy I continued feeding through a bad case of mastitis I'm now wondering what my effort was for.

Any help or support gratefully received. xx

Replies

• Options
    Not got any suggestions I'm afraid, but just wanted to send you lots of hugs! I think you are doing an amazing job carrying on and giving your baby the very best nurturing start to life despite all those things!

I'm not entirely sure what the docs will give you, maybe a cream? Your son will probably get some drops to take orally (that's what was given to me when I had oral thrush many years ago).

We were lucky not to get any of those BF complications and I admire all women who have to get through that!

Well done you!

• Options
    Hello, saw your post on the forum page. I would recommend going to your local health shop, they will stock a natural probiotic. the one I've used is acidophillus (sp) and it is in a powder form and it will pass through your breast milk as well, so your bubs will be protected too and is safe.

Good job you're doing and good luck!