Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my son wont take his bottle

Hey, my little boy is 8months old & since he's been born he's been on cow & gate milk, now he's on the cow & gate follow on milk & has been for 2months. He's got size 4teats on his bottle which as to my knowledge is the biggest teat. He has one bottle in the morning & one at night but for the past week he'll have a sip then push it away from him mouth, then have another & push it away? I've tried giving it him in a beaker but he won't have it. Does anyone have any ideas?xx

Replies

• Options

Is he fully weaned? My daughter is 10 months and hardly drinks any milk. She has three bottles a day - one on waking, one mid afternoon and one before bed, however, she probably only takes between 6-10oz over the whole day. My HV told me not to worry because she drinks water and eats three meals a day. I just make sure she has yoghurt and her meals contain plenty of cheese. The only other thing to be aware of is sometimes if the baby is poorly and has a sore throat they sometimes find drinking and swallowing painful so will push it away. xx