Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice on losing weight while Breastfeeding

Hi need advice on how best to lose weight while feeding my son who is 17 months old how will it affect him if I was to start dieting?

Replies

• Options

I gained 35lbs during my pregnancy. Within 8 weeks after my little one was born (@ over 10lbs - 24in long) I had already lost 30lbs. I have exclusively breast fed and continue to lose weight but at a slower pace. The rest will probably come off when I'm done breastfeeding. I diet/eat very healthy and exercise every day - but I would add check with your dr before exercising. I had to wait 4 months til I could exercise because my insides were so messed up (would never have known from looking at the outside). So please be careful. image

• Options
    sarah52 said:

Hi need advice on how best to lose weight while feeding my son who is 17 months old how will it affect him if I was to start dieting?

The most important factor while breastfeeding is ensuring you get the required vitamins, minerals and vital nutrients to fulfill the primarily important task of maintaining the needs of the baby you made. They're sure to have you running around like a teenager soon enough. That should get you in shape.
    Toning excess tumny requires controlled exercise of the abdominal muscles. Pelvic floor exercises are worth making a habit of too. A lifetime habit.