Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning to Cows Milk

Hi Mummies

I was wondering if any of you might be able to give me some advice on weaning on to cows Milk. My little one is coming up to a year old and I am unsure of how to start weaning him on to Cows Milk. I breastfed him up until he was 5 & 1/2 months old and then been on Aptamil (1) ever since. would you suggest that I just switch him to Cows Milk when he turns 1 or use this other formula milk that they suggest to use first? I have been giving him cows milk on his cereal since he was about 7 months old. any comments would really help, thanks x 

Replies

• Options

We swapped straight to cow's milk at 1 - full-fat version, they need the fat. We got cups with a cow design on them so the kids knew it wasn't water, and there didn't seem to be an issue with the transition at all (if you're already using on cereal then presumably no allergies). There's no real need to use the follow-on milk unless you really want to.