Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breast Pump

Can anyone please tell me which is the best breast pump to get and what makes it so good? 

Slightly confused by all of the different brands that are available! 

Thankyou 

Replies

• Options

Hi Mummytobe.

It may help to take a look at our Breast pump reviews, and also our Buyer's guide to Breast pumps, which should help you work out which brand/type would suit you best.

Do let us know how you get on!

• Options

I was looking at these reviews too, really helpful, didn't imagine this was somethin I may need but find useful but cricky what a difference these can make.

• Options

Hey ladies, when I had my little girl I wasn't sure how much I'd want to pump so I got the Avent manual pump. It worked well for me for a while as I only got it for occasional use and I initially had an over supply of milk (i consider myself lucky as a first time mom). 

after about 3 month I decided I wanted to pump more. I bought the me delay pump in style double electric pump and i really like it so far. I've had it for a couple weeks and it's working great. I use it every morning and most evenings and get about 5-8 oz of milk/day to store, which I consider good as I am also exclusively breastfeeding.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps :)

• Options

Silly autocorrect "me delay" should be "medela"

• Options

I have a manual breast pump and it doesn't help my breast to express milk quick enough to store for feeding time should i switch to the eletrical breast pump?

• Options

I did a little review on the breastpumps I've used so if you're interested you can hop on to http://thequekchuafamily.blogspot.com to take a look! Hope it'll help!