Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

4 month old baby has gone off bottles and doesn't want to feed. Help

My 4 month old baby has been bottle fed since he was born, taking milk brilliantly, 6-7oz every 3 hrs, but for the last 12 days he has gone off his milk he cries and screams when I try to feed him, he sees the bottle and gets him self in a state, the only way he takes a bottle is half sleeping or just wakening up from a sleep, it's really hard to see him in such s state whilst trying to feed him, I've had him at docs there baffled, to take him back and get weighed and go from there, I'm worried sick Ive tried changing teats bottles etc, I don't know what else to do 

Replies

• Options

Just wondering if you found out the reason for this? Or a solution? I am in the same position. My 4 month old loved his milk before and never had any problems but recently its been a fight to get him to take 5 oz (he used to drain 7/8oz) 

• Options

HI 

my LO is also goin through this n he is 4 months. sounds like its quite common at this stage.

i talked the HV and she says as long as hes gaining weight, weeing and pooing then its ok. Ive started givin him water to make sure he doesnt get dehydrated

• Options

Hi girls, not sure if this is useful for you.. but my 12wo started doing this and turns out he just needed longer between feeds! The fussing is from not being hungry enough, i have to wait just over 4 hours now when I used to feed every 3 hrs too. Happened pretty much overnight too so I was completely baffled and worried! Increased the gaps and absolutely fine and a happy guzzler again.

may be worth a try to see if that may be the cause?