Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help - I want to breastfeed but i'm not pregnant

Hey everyone hope someone can help.

My wife is 31 weeks pregnant and we both want to breastfeed. I know it is possible because adoption mothers do it. I'm am aware she may like one or the other so we have bought a nipple teats so we will have the same nipple. Hopefully this will help. 4 boobs are going to help hehe.

There is not alot of stuff on the Internet about this.

We have read simple pumping with a pump so many times a day is OK and I'm taking feungreek 6 times a day which I read was good.

Iv just done my first session today and tonight some liquid came out only a tiny spit. But good sign I hope.

If anyone has tried this or attempted or has any hints t and tips it would help so much.

Thank you 😊

Replies

• Options

Insofar as stimulating milk supply in a non pregnant woman I don’t know much about it to help sorry... except what you hve already found out about regular pumping.

If you are living in the states I would totally recommend getting some ‘milkin‘ cookies’... they deliver them fresh to your house (& I used to freeze them too to help them last longer)... they taste yummy, are all natural & really do wonders for milk supply! 

• Options

Hey everyone hope someone can help.

My wife is 31 weeks pregnant and we both want to breastfeed. I know it is possible because adoption mothers do it. I'm am aware she may like one or the other so we have bought a nipple teats so we will have the same nipple. Hopefully this will help. 4 boobs are going to help hehe.

There is not alot of stuff on the Internet about this.

We have read simple pumping with a pump so many times a day is OK and I'm taking feungreek 6 times a day which I read was good.

Iv just done my first session today and tonight some liquid came out only a tiny spit. But good sign I hope.

If anyone has tried this or attempted or has any hints t and tips it would help so much.

Thank you 😊

I think your talking about so-called "wet nursing". The initial pregnancy initiates the ability to produce colostrum then full milk. A wet nurse simply continues to stimulate the process by feeding or expressing. That can continue for many years after birth.