Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bottle feeding and newborn sick everywhere after feed

Hi,

I was just wondering If anybody else had problems with there little one being sick quite a lot after feeds. She is currently on cow and gate comfort stage 1 and taking 5 oz but recently demands for more so 6oz, when burping she sicks up pretty much every feed. If she isn’t sick the previous feed she will sick more up on her next.

I am a bit concerned as I have been reading up about it (which isn’t always the best) could anyone give me any advice if your little one has suffered from this and what you did to help it not be so much, so frequent.

Thank You,

Chloe 

x

Replies

• Options

My daughter did this. I used to dread feeding time as i knew she'd vom all of it back up.

She was basically taking too much milk per feed - so i slowed the feed down - gave her 1oz, then winded, then another oz then winded. It's just a case of your baby taking much milk in one go (he stomach is tiny) - try slowing the feeds, and giving them more often - so if she has say 3oz, give her another feed a little while later so the first has a chance to digest. 

And please don't worry or stress, it's REALLY common! x

• Options

that Is was I usually do but will keep trying as vomiting is getting worse and she is getting hungrier! Thank you for replying xx

• Options

It could be reflux... my little guy was breastfed anf had terrible reflux... I tried everything my end (avoiding caffeine, spicy food, gassy foods etc) but still he would vomit after pretty much every feed... and sometimes halfway through & then would cry because he was still hungry. Spoke with the doctor and put him on ranitidine (baby zantac) & saw a big improvement very quickly. 

Might be worth looking into that with your little one. 

• Options

Yes it Is pretty bad but last night was even worse than I’ve seen before! I will look into that can you buy from local pharmacy? She is being referred to a peditircian soon but hopefully doesn't come to anything worse than reflux.

Thanks you for the reply x

• Options

Chloe my 9 week old wee boy had the same issue, he's now on infant gavisco. I would suggest making an appointment with the GP and he/she can advise/prescribe what they think is best to try first. My wee boy is rarely sick after feeds now, but I'm very much in the habit of keeping him upright for a while after feeds too. Hope you manage to get it sorted with your baby girl xx

• Options

Really okay thank you I keep her upright during and after feeds for 10-20 mins but she is usually sick more stirring up right. I will try booking another appointment and ask them to prescribe me something like that. Went there on her 6 week check and they said they was doing a referral first so hopefully it’s just bad reflux and nothing more serious. Thanks for responding x