Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

3 month old screaming and screaming when laying down

Hello, can someone help me please. 

I am breastfeeding my baby but most of the time when he lay him on my bed, or pick him up he screams and screams as if he’s hungry. If someone else is around they can settle him but when it’s just me he only settles when I feed him. Can someone please help me I feel like I’m failing as a mum for not being able to settle my own son without a feed

Replies

• Options

Does he have a dummy? He could be using you as a comforter xx

• Options

Yeah we ended up giving  a dummy at a month old because we thought the same it helped for a while but now hes got to the stage if I try to give him the dummy he screams so much the dummy doesn’t stay in...x

• Options

Is he bringing all his Wind up could be that? Of you may just have a clingy baby my son is 1 and still goes through clingy stages for a while then he’s back to himself again xx

• Options

I’m sure he is but Ill Make sure tomorrow that I try winding for longer. hes Really good at being down and with others it’s just when he comes to me he seems to go straight for my boob and if i don’t feed him straight away he screams and nuzzles his way down.. x

• Options

My little girl suffered from colic at a few weeks old so we put her onto infacol and it worked wonders for wind!! Could give that a go if you think it could be wind? You just give them a squirt of it before a feed (I put it in her bottle but I see you're breastfeeding) x

• Options
    Courts22 said:

Hello, can someone help me please. 

I am breastfeeding my baby but most of the time when he lay him on my bed, or pick him up he screams and screams as if he’s hungry. If someone else is around they can settle him but when it’s just me he only settles when I feed him. Can someone please help me I feel like I’m failing as a mum for not being able to settle my own son without a feed

I would lay money the main issue is emotional. Our bond creates a kind of emotional mirror. Happy mum, happy baby. Try giving him a top possibly with a little leakage on it. Maybe the scent will help. Many times I would be almost in tears and grandma walks in and is just the pro I failed to be. Rubbish! It's just they can feel your pain.