Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

expressing milk

the more I think about breast feeding the more im going off the idea,I tryed with my first and only managed 2 weeks as she wouldnt latch on properly, so did both after a few days, breast and formula.I was wondering if it is possible to express breast milk from day one so that the baby gets my milk but I dont have to breast feed.if so how soon can I express so I have some ready for baby.

Replies

• Options
    Expressing often depends on how much milk you have and when it comes in and begins to flow. You can express from the day the baby born, but it will be very very little amounts, but enough to give the baby the best nutrients. The midwives will probly prefer you to try and put the bubs to the breast though, it brings bondish with the mother, and skin to skin contact is great, and helps the baby leanr to suck. I think you should give it a go befored eciding to express. All babies are different, this time you ansd the bubs may be a pro at it. C how you go, chat to your midwife and see what she thinks is best for you. Amirah