Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby refusing bottle

Hi has anyone experienced this, my 4 month old has started refusing her bottles after taking just 2-3 ounces, she used to be on 7-8 ounces every 6 hours now she’ll take only 2-3 but still go 6 hours sometimes. If I try to give her milk before she’s ready for it she refuses and if I try to get her to take more than 3 ounces she cries it’s really stressing us both out. It’s been a week now and I’m started to get worried I have tried to get in touch with my health visitor but no luck.

Replies

• Options
    Hey did u get an answer? Only just come on forum now. My baby seems to be doing the same but at 8 weeks. Hope little one is fine. Please post an answer if it helped u and baby. Would appreciate it alot. Thank u x @Robyn_x
  • Options
    Hi sorry didn’t really get any answers in the end my health visitor said it could be because she was teething she eventually went back to normal but this has happened 2 or 3 times since I’m currently going through it now with her and she’s 8 months now I just let her take what she wants if that’s just a couple ounces then I try again half an hour later and try get another couple ounces down her. She normally goes like this for a couple weeks then goes back to normal. Could it be silent reflux? My little one suffers with this and that’s what I put it down tbh x
  • Options
    Aww thanks for response. My little one has had this since 3 weeks tbh but the less feeding is only recently... and she CRIES whilst feeding poor thing and literally has to be burped a million times. Once burped she seems to be settled but I think she associates bottle/milk with pain and refuses it. Not sure. Hope its just a phase and she passes.

And i hope your little one gets better very soon. Has it not calmed down once she was on solids? X
  • Options
    This sounds like what we went through have you seen a gp or anyone? Could be worth mentioning it to the doctor we was given infant gaviscon for reflux which helped us a lot. It is a lot better I literally just think it’s a little phase she goes through every now and then for us now she’s on solids I don’t worry as much either x