Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Refusing milk?

Jd has started to refuse his 12.30pm bottle but eats all his veg, does this mean i should maybe up his food and add a pudding at this meal? He drinks well at 8am, 7pm and 10.30pm so not worried he's not getting what he should. He just seems to want food as opposed to milk at 12.30 and 4. He could be teething but he's very happy and not grizzly so don't think its that....

Replies

• Options
    Sarah, what way around do you do it. ie food first then milk or vice versa?

If you are worried about it,give him his milk first. But if nothing has changed ie he's not waking in the night hungry then I wouldnt worry and just let him decide if he wants it or not.

He's nearly 6 months so he only needs about 560mls of milk.
    Thats less then 3 bottles so he's probably doing all right.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    I would just give him then food then Sarah, he's having enough milk by the sound of it. Luka from about this age had his meals breakfast, lunch, tea and bottles inbetween ie about 10.30ish and then about 2.30ish. He doesn't always have these bottles now. He doesn't really drink much at all. Apart from his morning and bed bottles I wish he would then he might sleep longer at night!!
  • Options
    It sounds like he's maybe ready to drop that milk feed. As long as he's drinking enough milk at all his other feeds then he'll be ok.

Nicola - Cameron was exactly the same, it was always a real struggle to get milk into him.I was constantly worrying that he wasn't getting enough!! However since switching to cows milk, he's dramatically increased the amount he drinks and often still has 3 bottles a day and eats all his meals. But then he is a greedy guts!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks thats what i was thinking too, he's sleeping thro so obviuosly getting what he needs, he's a little gannet where food is concerned (like his mummy)