Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Choosing a formula

Hi
How did you decide which fomula milk to use? Just about to start weaning after breastfeeding and finding it difficult to make a decision! LO had top up feeds of aptamil in hospital in the first few days so have thought about that as he's had it before, but alot of friends have used Cow and Gate, and SMA is also popular! Seems like such a silly thing to worry about but I feel like its really important to make the rght one!! Help!

Replies

• Options
    i had the same problem! after alot of pushing, my health visitor eventually told me that aptamil is meant to be the closest one to breastmilk. apparently theyre not meant to say anything coz its meant to be your decision. it was absolutely fine for logan and we were fortunate that we had no problems switching from beast milk to aptamil. my personal feeling would be that if your LO has had aptamil before without any problems, it would be your best bet. hope all works out well x
  • Options
    I've also heard that Aptimil is the best (my friend was told by her paediatrician) image It's what I used for DD1 and have just started to introduce to DD2. xxx