Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st week back at work :(

I went back to work last week after 6 months maternity leave and wonder where the time went! Iv went back full time and work 13 hour shifts as a nurse so I work 3 days a week. Im realy missing my lo but we are lucky cause our parents are looking after Kenny if im working during the week and my OH doesnt work weekends. I feel like iv never been away from the place! I wish a could cut my hours so I only work 2 days a week but im not sure if we can afford it. Iv not seen him awake for 2 whole days now as I worked yesterday and today but I suppose I just have to get used to it.

:cry:

Replies

• Options
    its just so hard isnt it. ive been back for a year now. and like you im lucky that family have lo but i worry about missing things. all i can say is that it does get easier. i only work 3 days 9-5.30 so not as many hours as yourself. for the first couple of weeks i was awreck but now i see that my lo being with her aunt and cousin during the day and her gran's on a sat. i feel she getting the best of both worlds and we get a break from each other. also i find i make the best of the time we do spend together.xx