Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

smp pay

im on mat leave been paid once now my boss is saying im not entitled to smp, i pay tax and NI worked there a year and half anyone know where i stand?????? help!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi. Unless youre earnings are less than a certain limit provided you worked for your employer before you fell pregnant and up to 26 wks pregnancy you should qualify for SMP. Failing that you should still qualify for maternity allowance.
    Let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    how did you get on with this??
    i hope you sorted this out. anyone who has a similar problem phone the DWP they have a team dedicated to dealing with statutory payment disputes. they are brilliant they will tell you what you are entitled too AND help you. My maternity pay was stopped after 33 weeks as they thought it was 33 not 39.
    The person i spoke to actually phoned my employers and spoke to them on my behalf. and then phoned the accountants to ensure i was going to be paid as it was the accountants that had messed up!
    The no is 0191 225 5221.
    Acas are also very helpful for advice and information.