Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

about to return to work... only to go off on maternity again

hey av just found out im preg with second one.. my first is only 5 months old, so im due back after the easter break and am dreading telling them i'm gonna be off again in nov. i work in a school so am not there a lot anyway lol! anyone else had this experience?? x x ximage

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations on your second and speedy pregnancy. I go back to work at the end of May and that thought popped into my head that I wouldnt be back long if I had another baby, dont think my oh would agree with it though.
  • Options
    i am also due to go back to work end of June and have just found out I am pregnant again my little boy is 7 months. I am dreading telling them I am pregnant again. Congrats to you. How do you feel about having two small babies?
  • Options
    scared but up for it! its a gift after all though the doc this mornin asked me if i wanted an abortion! was gutted. i know it'll be hard but it will be fab for LO. how about u?
  • Options
    Hi birdintheattic and soda

back to work at the end of January this year after a years maternity leave and had to announce I was pregnant.
    My baby was 9 months when I got pregnant again. It was a big shock but once I got used to the idea, and got excited then I started to dread returning to work and telling my boss. How embarrassing! I practised what I was going to say. However I just blurted it out and prob went bright red in the end but It wasn't as bad as I'd thought.

I work in a college so I've worked the majority of last term and now I'll try and work up until the end of summer term (am due in August)

Good luck image
  • Options
    I due to go back to work begin of July and am 3 months pregnant with twins, already have a 9 month old the hours they have offered me are not really suitable as they want me to work a Saturday, and into the early evening, as my husband works away alot I have no childcare for my 9 month old for the Saturday. I may end up not going back to work at al. I also have not told them I am pregnant yet.
  • Options
    Hi, I went back to work in february - I had to take a demotion & paycut to get part-time & days so my hubby & I got busy & now I am 11wks pregnant & I have an 11 month old...I have worked out that the earliest I can leave is early september & I'm going to take the full year & retrain whilst off so I can jack my job in & get a better one! I hate where I work now, it's a shame as I used to like it but my work is so mundane that I sit there bored out of my brains...I am not telling work I'm pregnant until 25 weeks (when you have to) even if I have a huge bump - I'm gonna do an Angelina Jolie! lol!

Sianwales - as far as I'm aware you are entitled to the same pay etc as with your first baby, they aren't allowed to penalise you. Look online on Gov website or go to your local CAB.

xxx
  • Options
    I was just coming on here to put up a post about this...
    I'm back to work 2moro! Where have the last 10 mnths gone? Erin my lo is 9mnths old and i'm 26 weeks pg with baby no 2. Work know that i'm pregnant again and have been very understanding. I'm only going to be there for a mnth and then go back on to maternity leave.
    I'm dreading leaving my lo, i have only ever left her for a few hours at the most, and i'm going to be working 8-4. I know she'll be fine but still... you cant help but worry.
    Well ladies... wish me luck.
    Katie. X
  • Options
    I have decided to go back to work 1st July (help) going to be working tues/thur and every other weekend, just 6 hours per shift. As it is a call centre which is open 24 hour I will be working 11.30 till 5.30pm childminder is on the way home should will still be home for 6 at latest. I have a childminder shorted out and my 9 month old is happy to go to her. Work know I am 15 weeks pregnant and that it is twins, they are OK about it (they have no choice) and I am only going back to work to get the extra money. Due to holidays accured and the fact that I shall probably have to finish early I may only be there for a short period of time. Do you know if I will be entitled to SMP etc as work are not sure. I have spoken to Cit Adv who say if I can stay until begining of August I will get SMP. Good luck to those going back to work.