Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

RTW

Right then.... Come on ladies i need some support! I am posting this on 2 forums as i don't know the working mums people yet!

I go back to work in 2 weeks, full time, no holds barred and i am distraught at not being there for every bottle, every smile, every moan, groan, whinge and whine, every burp, every new taste and every step he takes!

Some one tell me i will be ok! He's going to nursery so i know he'll be fine, he loves other children and new people, i however, hate sharing him if i can't be there!!!!!!!

Help! Sob!

Replies

• Options
    Sorry can't help not due until August was just being nosey but didn't want to RR xx
  • Options
    Thanks! I've not had any responses on the other board, feeling like i'm the only mum going back to work!!! He went to nursery for 2 hours today, which was nice, i browsed the shops, but he goes all day tuesday and i'm dreading it!
  • Options
    I go back to work at the end of Feb and I'm already dreading it! My weeone is going to nursery full time too. He'll be fine its me that won't be!!

We just have to remember why we're going to work...pay for all the nice things for weeone and spend quality time with them and Hubby when we have days off!
  • Options
    AprilH, let me know how you get on on Tuesday when you've got the day to yourself. I'm going to have o plan a lot of things to do so I don't think about it all too much. My weeone starts nursery the week before I go back to work....Good idea??
  • Options
    I know - i just can't help seeing all the hurdles, like only 2 days, grandparents, all that prep every day to ensure smooth running, no time to sit back and breath - gotta get everything squeezed into those precious few hours!! Can you tell i'm keen!? lol
  • Options
    i went back to work at the beginning of the month, luckily i only work one weekday and one weekend day a week, my lo goes to nursery one day a week, and loves it, even in these few short weeks he has come on so much. still feels strange leaving him there tho. however its nice at work to sit and have a peaceful cuppa.
  • Options
    hi i went back to work full time when my dd was 9 months old. ong i still remeber crying every night that i didnt want to go to work the next day as i missed her so much,but by the morning i knew that going was the best thing to do. anyway that lasted a few months and then it all sloted into place, i changed my hours to fit around my family life, so i didnt work before 8:30 in the morning so we all had breakfast together and worked no later than 5 so i could still be home for dinner,play for an hour, bath and bed and then we use to make the most of all our weekends.
    it does get easier xx