Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i'd go loopy...

i'd go loopy if i was a sahm! i can't say i really enjoy my job but getting out of the house every day and able to think about something other than who needs fed, changed and what's made them cry this time!! and knowing that the kids are at home, happy and are still going to be there when i get back (although fast asleep!)... i'd rather be out earning some money ;\)

Replies

• Options
    Hi Danielle,

im not back at work yet but ive got an interview for a job next monday so im keeping my fingers crossed that i get it. joshua is already at nursery 2 days a week cos it was the only nursery we wanted him to go to and there was a long long waiting list so we decided to put him in even though i didnt have a job...probably makes me sound very bad but it gives me a chance to do my degree and the dreaded house wk.

anyway...i have always loved working, esp cos i work in fashion so im surrounded by clothes and love it. i love being with joshua but sometimes i just need some adult conversation. i must admit it is a lot more fun now he's older and doing more things but i cant wait to go back to work and i know that doesnt make me a bad mum!

Your profile pic is so cute x
  • Options
    the fact that he's already in the nursery you want makes you a good mum if you ask me, as your making sure he has the best place when you go back to work. good luck with your interview!
    and OMG a degree too def. sounds like you need the extra time!

how old is joshua now? he looks so big in his pic, bless him!
  • Options
    Ah thanks, joshua is 8 1/2 months now and its flown by!!! He's pulling himself up, geting himself to sitting and always saying da da the lil bugger! My degree is with the Open University so i study in my own time but finding that time is tough lol. How many hrs do you wk a week? x
  • Options
    aww he sounds like luke, started standing at about 9 months then cruising the furniture then taking steps, he's properly walking now at 12 months!
    i only do 21 hours but it's over 5 evenings a week, i'm trying to get a full time job so o/h can stay home with them (he's not working at the mo.)
  • Options
    Nice one, does your oh want to stay at home? I dont mind working FT but cos i want to stay in fashion anything FT always means at least working a saturday and probably a sunday sometimes. I dont mind working weekends but i if i do i wont ever see ian and joshua together. When we were ttc i said to my oh about who would stay at home and we both said whoever earns the most money which seemed fair. At the time he was a proffessional footballer so he was on alot more than me, but in march 07 he retired cos of injury so my job as a fashion manager was earning more than him. Now though he works as a land buyer so although his basic wage is just a bit less than my old wage he gets really good bonuses if he finds land to develop etc so thats why i agreed to work PT rather than FT but it does my head in cos i know that if even my job was higer paid than his he would use the bonus card. Whoever said sexual equality was easy to achieve was lying! I love being at home but i do get bored and i dont think my oh could do it on top of the housework etc x