Forum home Toddlers & older children Children with special needs
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My baby girl has had a bleed on the brain

2»

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone

I pray that your babies are well. I had twins born at 25 weeks. A girl and a boy. My son son was the strongest between the 2 of them. They both had surgery for their PEA before 3 weeks. Both of them had level 1 bleeding in the brain but it corrected itself. At 7 weeks my son got sick and I was told that he had severe bleeding in the brain. I was told that if he survived that he will definitely be a vegetable. 5 days later my son died in my arms. He went back to heaven and my heart went with him. My daughter, who is my soul, stayed in NICE for 16 weeks and a day. She is developing well. She is beautiful and happy.

I've never spoken about the death of my son and my journey with my daughter through ICU. And I only joined this page today after reading your stories. I hope somewhere there will be a mother who will have hope in reading about my warrior daughter.

Sending you all comfort and strength.

• Options

Can you get some expert for resolving the problem?

• Options

Hi everyone 

we r having a seriously problem my cousin sister she had a c section operation hospital did quite delay while doing her operation she had to wait for a while during that time she didn't felt any baby moment as soon as baby was born he was transferred into icu and doctors r telling that there was a brain bleeding while her operation and due to this baby is not responding at all he is inside the icu ATM with lots of wire every where & doctors are telling that he is alive because of medication only they are not giving us single hope sorry I didn't had any option so had to write here just in case if anyone had this situation would pleased to know thankX 

• Options

Hi. 

I know your post was a few years ago. 

Wanted to find out how your son is doing , my daughter is now 12 weeks and your situation was exactly the same as ours. Our baby started having seizures at home on the 2nd day and sustained a massive bleed on the front right side of her brain. Blood also on the outside. We are going for a repeat scan in 3 weeks. You say it took 6 months for all the blood to clear ? How is he now ? I look forward to your response. 

• Options

My little girl is going through the same issue right now.  What did the Drs determine was the problem if you would please share.  Thank you

• Options

Hello Antivaccinegrandmother

I was wondering if they found out for sure it was the vaccines and if you remember what tests they conducted?

Thank you

• Options

Hi everyone,
    I'm sorry I never came back on here to let you guys know what happened... I lost my son 2 weeks before his due date back in 2013. He didn't make it and if he would of make it, doctors said that he would of been a vegetable... there was too much damage in his brain we had a 4D scan and we couldn't see the different parts in his brain anymore. We named our little angel Jayden. 

I couldn't get pregnant after that due to this horrible experience and stress... but one year and half later when I decided to quite trying I got pregnant again. I was sick the whole pregnancy because of stress... I was worried to lose my baby again. But thank God she made. So if you are going through what I went with my son, please be strong and don't lose faith no matter what! I heard lots of stories where babies with blood in the brain ended up surviving and doing well later in life.

• Options

Hi Samantha Williams2,
    We just wanted to say we are so sorry to read about Jayden, but so pleased to hear you went on to have a daughter. Thank you so much for coming back and sharing the news with everyone on this thread. 

• Options

Hi my son was born with a grade 4 on.the left and 3 on right 3 has resolved itself 4 has healed but left a cyst and fluid in the whole they don't need to do operation doctors told me the same thing my son is sitting on his own he can feed himself with his left arm not using his right due to injury he had during birth he can hi five said mama and baba he is a happy baby his not crawling or walking yet his now 16 months hope this helps 

• Options

Hi, I know it’s been over 5yrs from this post but me and my wife are going through the same thing but only found out about the bleed at 37weeks. We are really in a mess at the moment whether to go through with  the pregnancy and need to make a decision quick as she’s 37weeks. How is your son and how is his developmental skill? Would really appreciate hearing back from you ASAP. Thank you 

• Options

Hallam a baby can survive at 37 weeks that’s classed as full term 

these days we have good medical teams and will help your child. 

• Options

Just wanted to know how other children are doing and developing years down the line, who had the same problem as us with a bleed on the brain at 37weeks therefore ventricles being blocke.

• Options

Hi Everyone,

My daughter had multiple clots and a brain bleed about 10 days after birth last year. She was 41 weeks. The doctors and neuros couldn’t figure out a cause after 5 MRIs, but she seems to be doing well 😊. I guess I was wondering if there is insight from any of you about long term consequences (is everything fine, Claire and others 10 years later?) I‘m anxious about the future and wondering if things ended up ok. Thanks so much!

• Options

Hi im 36 weeks and just found out about a significant bleed on the brain they are going to induce me at 37 weeks just wondering how your baby got on as im in the same situation they asked me if i would like to interupt the pregnancy but having just lost his father 2 and a half weeks ago that was never an option for me 

• Options

Hi Samanthab11 

so sorry to hear the news about your baby and partner. Unfortunately my daughter passed away, after been given all the information from the medical professions my daughter wouldn’t have had a life and would have just been a shell basicall. With a heavy heart me and my wife decided to end the pregnancy which would have also impacted massively on our 3yr old son. Please let me know how you get on.