Forum home Toddlers & older children Children with special needs
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

~~~~~~ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE OF HYPOSPADIAS?????~~~~~~~~

hi just been told that my 21 month old son as this...it is not life threatening or even that serious but will require an op which to me is serious enough.

Basically his uretha is not at tip of his willy it is further down the back of his willy. Its ever so slightly and not as bad as some can be.

He should have been operated on between 6 and 12 months but it has only just been detected. I always thought his willy was strange as he is my 3rd son but no one picked it up even though I have pointed it out a few times.

Have never heard of this before and would appreciate some one who has been through it with their son.

Di xx

Replies

• Options
    my son now ok..he was borderline and the doctor suggested leaving it for a while to see how he is when about 5 or 6.
    Releived as you dont want them to have op unless really need it.

Hope your little boy OK??/ Its an every day op so am sure he will be.

Take care
    d x
  • Options
    hi my son has the same problem (he's 13months old)and I am very worried about it, in his case he will be having the operation and we have to see more consultants next week, one of the things they maybe doing is giving him male hormone injections in the lead up to the opertation, i have tried searching on the internet for any guidance on these injections and I can't find anything. its a very worrying time for me as i really don't know what to expect and worried for my son's health (he was born very small under 4lbs and although he's put weight on grown and developed it really does scare me of what he will have to go through)