Forum home Toddlers & older children Children with special needs
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ADHD children learning

Hi, asking this for all the parents who have children with ADHD. Are there any techniques or methods that you have found as very helpful for supporting your child?  Whether it's managing homework, improving focus, or navigating social interactions, can you share it, so it can be useful for other parents. I would like to know how you have successfully created an environment that has allowed your child to thrive while managing their ADHD symptoms?

Replies

• Options
    Hey, coming to the question, one of the technique that has been incredibly helpful for us is breaking down tasks into smaller, manageable steps. This approach has made homework less overwhelming for my child. Additionally, we've established a consistent routine and incorporated visual schedules to help improve focus. When it comes to social interactions, we've encouraged open communication and provided social skills coaching. Creating a structured yet supportive environment has truly made a difference. I hope these insights are helpful for you and other parents.