Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My DD is taking AMOXICILLIN and wants to go to school

Hi all,

I have one question and I hope i will get some of your opinions 'on time' image, even I know it is terribly late and probably most of you are already 'dreaming' image.

My children were so sick last week and I must say it was first time for them and me as well. Both older daughters got ATB Amoxicillin on Thursday (first time ATB in our family)and they have to use it all. I think it will end on Wednesday.
My older daughter doesn't have a temperature for 3 days already but she has still an awful cough but only in the afternoon and evening. She desperately wants to go to school tomorrow - Monday - because on Tuesday they have a nativity play and she just 'can't miss it' - that's what she said.
What will you do? Will you send your child to school even still taking ATB(at 8am and 4pm so not even in school hours) but has no temperature ? Or will you keep your child at home and send to school after using all medicaments.

Thank you for all answers. I know I may sound silly to you as we have 3 children and I can't make decision.

good night to all of you! image

Replies

• Options
    I do apologize somehow i posted it twice just because the system showed me an error.
  • Options
    Yes, if they are feeling well enough now, I would send them.  I have sent mine to school before while taking antibiotics, and it worked out fine. 
  • Options
    I agree, as long as they seem well enough they should be OK.  My son has gone to nursery before whilst on antibiotics and was fine.