Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Breastfeeding struggle

hello ladies. I'm Sarah, I have 3 kids. 10,5,1. As I have nursedf all three of them I have had struggles. for instance, My oldest (10) was born with Optic Nerve Hypoplasia. he is completely blind in his right eye, with my daughter (5) I noticed her teeth going bad but I didnt know how to stop it. I asked the WIC Nurse if it could be from nursing so much; she assured me it was not. well she ended up having her 4 front teeth removed. My youngest just had to have his one on each side of his front teeth removed a week ago. so as you can see the struggle is real! so heres my thing. I HAVE to stop nursing! this is hard for me since I nursed my oldest son til the age of 2 and 4 months, my daughter til 2 and 3 days, and am still nursing my youngest. does anyone have any idea what I can do to break him? I tried one night andhe literally screamed like he was angery for over an hour! that was the night befpre he had surgery. since then, he not only nurses at night which I proudly got him down too, but now he wants it at nap time again! its so hard! the first two days I had no choice but now he just wants it!!! is there anything I can do to dry up against his will? it sounds mean but this is his teeth I'm trying to save :'( thanks Ladies!  -Sarah-