Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Two products I highly recommend!

When I had no conditioner to clear my daughter of the dreaded bugs, I had a daft idea and used CKONE body lotion. I left it in overnight purely by accident as I was doing her hair, then got called away, then completely forgot about her hair. The next morning, I remembered her hair, I checked whether I had to start again or not, but found EVERY SINGLE nit and egg to be dead as a dodo, AND the body lotion had destroyed the glue that eggs were stuck to the hair with, all I had to do was give it a good wash, then comb out the dead nits and loose eggs with a STANDARD comb. I was AMAZED!!! So Product Number One is CK One Body Lotion. I have no idea what is in it that killed the little buggers and dissolved the egg glue, but my word did it do the job! The second product is Asda's own head lice repellent, which I cannot currently find in their website, it was only a couple of quid, and for the entire time I used it, my daughter NEVER got nits again, soon it ran out, and I couldn't get to the store for more, wouldn't you know, she got nits again, so they were rampant around the school, but Asda's own repellent kept them at bay. So Product Number Two is Asda's own nit repellent spray ( used to be packaged as a small semi-translucent hand sized bottle) Asda are now selling this: http://m.groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?skuId=910000416204&departmentid=1214921923791&aisleid=1214921925031&startValue= Which COULD work. Alternatively I suggest you buy some teatree essential oil, get a small spray bottle, add 2 drops of teatree oil per 10ml of water (teatree oil is safe to use neat, however it would cost a fortune to use neat, AND it pongs!) You can use another essential oil to dilute the scent of teatree oil. (if you find it unpleasant) I suggest 1 drop per 30ml though, lavender would be the SAFEST to use on small children, as lavender can also be used neat (depending on age and type of application) Hope this helps?

Replies