Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hives? Advice please

Evening all, 

I have joined on here just for some advice from real mums.. my daughter has been unwell for 3 days. Nothing serious.. just mild tummy pain and high temperature on and off. Today she came out in a large slightly raised red rash. I gave her a anti histamine and the rash subsided only to return this evening bit in a different place! I don't know what to think. My daughter is 6, she is under the weather but eating well and drinking fine. She is sleeping normally and now going to  the toilet normally too. I know it may seem ott but I do get anxious with rashes etc.. . It is literally large red raised areas that itch. I thought hives?? Help pls. Thanks all..Sophie x

Replies

• Options

My daughter had something similar - i took her to the GP as the rash was moving around like yours, the GP said it was likely viral, so only Calpol to help. As long as your daughter seems well in herself, i wouldn't worry too much. 

• Options

Oh really? That's useful to know. I have been ever so worried. She has been to g.p today but the rash wasn't there then but it's reappeared again!! It's so strange.. A mums advice is so much more reassuring isn't it. Thanks x

• Options

Yup, apparently if it moves around the body that means its viral - also, take some pics and video footage of it! Then you can show the gp if you have to go back. 

• Options

I'm going back tomorrow before work if u can get an appointment. I'll.upload a photo of it .. image

• Options

It keeps coming back as this but in different places.. 

• Options

Deffo show the doc this pic - let me know what they say and wish your little girl better x

• Options

We have been to the drs again! The rash is viral. Just to let you know!

• Options

Oh i'm so glad that's all it is - and secretly glad i was right! (but only cause i've been through it!) x