Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby's vision

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if someone can give me any advice on optic nerve hypoplasia.  
My 9 month old daughter has seen a consultant as we were worried about her not focusing faces and not looking when called. The consultant didn't give a diagnosis as such but said  the optic nerve looked "featureless ". We were told she needed an MRI to check her brain development and an electrodiagnostic test to assess her vision. Obviously we have been out of our minds with worry since and seem to be getting nowhere in getting these tests booked. 
We are praying that her MRI will be fine.  Her development in general is fine, which is why we never noticed any problems before. She is crawling, standing up all the time, crawls to toys and plays with them as she should. 
They said her vision is (or should be) fine but there is obviously something wrong! 
Does anyone have any experience of this? Would appreciate any advice please. 

Replies

• Options
    Didn’t want to read and run but I can’t really help with this. What I would say though, is to try and stay calm. Having normal development is a good sign so it really could be something and nothing. Hopefully you can get the tests booked quickly.
    sending you a big hug.xxxx
  • Options
    Emj3 thank you for your reply. Xx