Forum home Toddlers & older children Children's health
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What to do with puking boy ...

So Hugo just puked while we were napping, all over his pillow, sleepingbag, my pillow, bedsheet, huge puke wetspot on our mattress - gross! But he feels fine now! Running around, wanting to play, so no sitting down with him with puke bowl in front ...

He is keeping water down so far, so I have given him a small cookie which he seems to be sucking on, while I eat my lunch, so he doesnt beg of me ...

I am also preggors, and there is slapped cheek in Hugos toddler group which I am being tested for tomorrow - so I am damn stressed out already. And PUKE is my enemy, I abso hate it. The smell ... god. I think I will have to sleep with Hugo tonight to keep an eye on him, in case he is sick, but I guess I ll be watchdog ...

DO you guys think I shold offer him his dinner? Or keep it down to just dry cookies and water? I have no idea what to do with puking boys .... He has had only one tummy upset and he was 4 months then, so doc just said give him water for a couple of days ...

Arrrgh, the stress ....

Hope you all are good!

Edite xx

Replies

• Options
    i'd just offer a dry cracker or some toast this evening, it won't do him any harm to say off food for a bit, just make sure he's drinking plenty!!

yep, sick isn't the best is it??? I came home the other day to find hubby breathing like darthvader with a teatowl tied round his face clearing a burpy sicky patch up that Shea had left!! I wish i had the video camera to hand!!! lol!!

Me on the other hand have the stomach of an ox!! I should be a nurse as nothing gets to me!!!

congrats on pg and good luck for test tomorrow and big kisses to Hugo

Claire x
  • Options
    Bless him, poor boy must have got a fright if he's never really been sick before.

Agree just some toast or maybe porridge tonight, and plenty of fluid. I'd say milk but it's a horrid substance to be sick/clean up.

Archie was sick last week and managed to soak his pj's, sleeping bag, mattress, through the cot bars and onto wall and floor. While I braced myself to clear it up hubby cuddled him in living room.
    Just then I heard a "oh no he's being sick again" Except stupid stupid hubby wasn't sensible enough to take a basin. So now sofa and carpet also soaked. Lovely.

Hope he's feeling better and congrats on pg. S x
  • Options
    Hugo is 18 months and I think worst thing is that he cant warn me when he is gonna be sick, he just shoots out!

So I dont even have time to get the bowl out!

I shall stick to the toast and cookies then!

Thanks girls.
  • Options
    Oscar was properly sick for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was terrified, as was he. All other the car seat as well.

We were advised to keep to fluids for a couple of days - no milk as that can make them more sick. Oscar didn't manage that though, he was dragging me into the kitchen for breakfast the next morning :lol: We stuck to toast for 24 hours then tried to keep it plain and simple for a few days. Luckily he wasn't sick again as I wouldn't have been able to handle it!
  • Options
    millie had croup a few days ago so her throat was swollen and she had a temp and was choking and gagging alot she was very very unwell and had to go childrens hosp it was worst few days of my life just becos all she did was sleep and when she was awake her eyes were half shut and she was like a zombi was just awful she was also sick could only keep water down she even threw up her calpol i managed to catch her sick in a bowl even when she was walking about no idea how! anyway i would now much rather her have a sick bug and her be slighty more normal then go through that again. i also hate hate sick but it didnt actually bother me only because it didnt seem to bother her, millie has never been sick or had any virus until now and shes nearly 19 months its something i hope i dont have to go through for a very long time! hope ur lo is ok now xxx
  • Options
    There's lots of sicky bugs going round at the moment - Harry had d&v last week and we were advised cut out dairy as it is very rich to digest and up the water/juice to avoid dehydration.

They dont advise starving the bug now tho so if Hugo keeps his appetite like Harry did try to offer plain things, toast, rice cakes, plain bisuits. It took about a week or so to clear up completely - after the plain food we started back onto scrambled egg and light things, easy to digest.

My sympathies with the sick tho - I am pretty blase about most bodily functions (clearing up after a BIG dog for a number of years has rather desensitised me!) but the other night I managed to gag when I got sicked on my hair, neck and pillow at half past three in the morning!

oh the joys - and of course mommy has the bug now :lol:

hopefully little man gets better quickly

xx