Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help! Need some advice please!

Hi girls,
Have the chance to start down regulation on Monday - which is a month early. Wasn't really expecting this opportunity but am keen to get on with things. It is short notice and I don't want to rush into things but then, why wait??!! If I wait a month I can go throught the scans and retrieval during the Easter holidays without worrying about getting into work late, days off etc...less stress, but if I do it now I will have done everything by the holiday and will just be able to relax - I will also know the outcome by then!
I know it's a decision I have to make myself, but it would be great to hear any thoughts.
Thanks!
x
:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Mrs Amanda,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm worried about the time off and the potential questions but my boss is very understanding and is aware that I might need some time off for scans. The hospital say I need to be in for scans between 8 and 10 am so it would mean I should only be about half an hour late for work. How long do the scans actually take? Worried about the puffed up belly but there's a lot to be said for the return of leggings!!
  • Options
    Hi there,
    That made me laugh! I guess I just have to get used to it...these poor medical staff must be so used to it, I bet they have some stories to tell.
    It's great if it's quick though as it hopefully means I can get into work on time and no-one will even notice I've been up since the crack of dawn at the hospital!
    Boss has been fab so far - can't complain - and very interested in the whole procedure.