Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lukes Christening - at long last!

I am over the moon this afternoon, this Sunday the 21st is my Mum & Dads 40th wedding anniversary and we are combining it with Luke, I always wanted him christened but the vicar was only able to do a blessing as she needed horrible hubby's permission. He did agree to a christening then withdraw it again.

Finally this week after getting my solicitors involved and today got the written confirmation from his Solicitor that Lukes Christening can now go ahead on Sunday. This is miles better than a blessing.

At least he has actually given me something I wanted omg, so now Luke willl be christened in a family christening gown that my mum wore nearly 65 years ago and it has come doen the line and I wore it as well so did my cousins so really looking forward to Sunday now especially as my Mum & Dad are renewing their wedding vows at the same time.

Replies

• Options
    I'm really pleased for you that your special day can go ahead as you want - I hope you all have a lovely day x
  • Options
    rebecca I haven't been on for a while but remember your posts from just before and after you had your little man and really felt for you - I am so pleased you are able to have him christened, hope you have a lovely day. x
  • Options
    I'm so glad you've managed to get this sorted Rebecca. Have a lovely ceremony on Sunday, it's going to be so special! x x x
  • Options
    I'm so pleased for you - it will be a wonderful day! x
  • Options
    Ah, brilliant, I'm sure you'll all have a fabulous day to cherish.

Hannah xx
  • Options
    sounds like it will be a fab day x
  • Options
    I hope so unless hubby turns up and ruins it!

• Options
    I'm very happy for you Rebecca, with everything you've been through you deserve at least this.

i hope it goes perfect!
  • Options
    Thats really lovely news. Pleased you can have a really good celebration with your family. Enjoy the day xxx
  • Options
    Really great news Rebecca, what a special day it will be xx
  • Options
    Thats great...hope you have a lovely day xxx
  • Options
    Oh Rebecca thats great news, I hope you all have a great day xxxx
  • Options
    Yep I do can't wait mum has got the christening gown washed and ironed and ready to go but how do I not get it creased in his carset, its quite long mum says.
  • Options
    Hi

Lovely to hear that you are getting Luke Baptised.

Regards the creasing could you put him in it when you arrived? I had to do that with my twins as they were so sicky i couldnt risk them wearing it till they got there