Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Silver Cross 3D Pram System

Does anyone have any feedback on this pram, positive or negative? I really like it and when we did some pram testing (!) in John Lewis it seemed really easy to maneuver and also looks nice. We want a pram system where you can use the car seat, pram or pushchair and ideally want to buy from John Lewis as we have vouchers but we've also looked in Mammas and Papas and Mothercare. I was just wondering whether anyone has one of these or has heard good / bad things? Hubby liked it until he saw it folded and he thinks it may be too bulky and says he thinks we'd be able to get one that takes up less space.
We've got loads of time but have just started looking and wanted to work out what we can get from John Lewis with wedding vouchers and what we'll need to budget for elsewhere.
xx

Replies

• Options
    I think they are selling it in Toys R Us too for ??199- correct me if Im wrong. I really liked it too but not sure if itll fit in my boot image
  • Options
    i had this with my son i had no problems with it at all i found it great but the only thing i would say is the carrycot is bit small as my son was a long baby he only fitted in it untill around 3 months lol but the pushchair lays flat so was not too much of a problem!

but my friend who had this at the same time kept sending hers back i think she sent it back 3 times in the end as the frame kept braking (to be honest i think she was very heavy handed lol) she has had loads of prams cos they break lol

i loved this pram it was still in a good condition that i gave it to my friend who had a baby girl year and half later as i got a stroller as it does get a bit heavy going up and down curbs when lo gets to say 18 months onwards but again i have a tall son he can be mistaken for a 3 year old and he has only just turned 2 and half lol

hope this helps i would defo choose it again i have been thinking about if for my baby girl but i think i am going for something different this time lol

MJ 21+3 PInk bump!!!!

• Options
    Hello

I had the Silvercross 3d pram and carseat with my first baby and have since sold it as i need a double.

Pros

*Gorgeous looking!
    *Easy to fold and unfold ONCE you know how and get the nack of it!
    *Doesn't have a separate carrycot so all folds together
    *Adjustable handles
    *Baby laid completly flat when in pram mode
    *Carseat clips into pram easily
    *Stands up when folded

Drawbacks
    *Carseat really heavy when in travel mode i found it pretty hard to push especially as baby got bigger
    *Carseat doesn't come with a base so you have to thread seatbelt through at 3 points every time you take it out/put it in the car
    * Pram pretty big when folded
    * Pram is quite heavy
    *Pram/carrycot mode doesn't last very long.. its a lot smaller than an average one, my little girl was average size at birth but then went below average and still she looked cramped in it by 12 weeks old.
    *Shopping basket a bit useless, very small and not very accessible
    *Not very smooth to push in my opinion, always reminded me of a rackety shopping trolley lol
    *Impossible to push one handed

Not sure if that helps or not. Lots more reviews here and most of them good so maybe im picky lol xx

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Silver_Cross_3D_Pram_System__6540631

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!! I'm terrible once I've decided I like something but I'll try and stay a bit more open minded and see what else is out there before making the decision!
    xx
  • Options
    I have the 3d also, my ds is now 13 months and we both still love it lots.
    It really does tick all boxes for comfort, style and easy to fold!

I would agree with previous post, it is hard to push with one hand and and that the pram mode doesn't last too long as my son was very tall.

Its a lovely pram and reasonably priced. I have never had any issues with my 3d and it is going strong 13 months on, after being used pretty much every day. In and out of the car. I'm now expecting baby 2, and due in Sept so looking for a double. Going to keep the 3d though, we love it to bits! xx
  • Options
    I had this for my first 2 1/2 yrs ago. I fell in love with it when i saw it in a magazine and had to have it!!

PRO'S

~Stands when folded
    ~Adjustable handles
    ~Large shopping basket
    ~Easy to fold/unfold
    ~Very attractive
    ~Nice padded pram

CON'S

~Frame dosent feel too sturdy
    ~Hood always fell down a bit in pram mode
    ~Feels like your pushing a bus with the car seat on
    ~Really difficult to push single handed
    ~2 hand fold makes it impossible to fold whilst holding baby
    ~Pram mode dosent last very long
    ~My son was quite chunky and seemed really cramped with the footmuff in when facing forward
    ~Very heavy and bulky
    ~Frame didnt seem to clip in place anymore after a while and i had to push it in myself.
    ~Brakes were rubbish, they kept coming off and were difficult to get on sometimes.

Hope that helps!xxx
  • Options
    Thank you. I think I'm starting to go off it!!! It seems so hard to find a good pram system even though there are so many!! I'm not keen on 3 wheelers and think I'm quite picky with other things too! The Mammas and Papas ones are so expensive compared to the ones in John Lewis.
    xx
  • Options
    Holly2112 my frame also stopped clicking in on its own! I forgot about that xx
  • Options
    I really like our 3d. It is a bit on the short side, but my girl still sleeps comfortably in it at 5m. Its easy to manouver and feels nice and sturdy. I wish it was parent facing as a buggy, and the rain cover is a bit of a faff, but overall excellent!!
  • Options
    oooh yes i agree with the faffy raincover Ems101!x
  • Options
    I have this, my son is almost 5 months, and I love it. I read lots of reviews saying it's very heavy/bulky, but in my mind I knew I couldn't have everything and I wanted a system that came with a pram mode but that wasn't a million different things to clip on and off the base, iyswim. I just wanted one pushchair that did practically everything. The pram top is brilliant, I've put mine in the wash loads of times and it comes out perfect every time. I even use it when I walk over to my dad's to pop lo in for his naps, I just take it off the pram and put him in it in the living room where it's warm. I actually don't think the rain cover's too faffy, it's just a case of putting it under the front and pulling it back over the foot muff. Having said that, I haven't used it in pushchair mode yet! I definitely agree that it'd be nice if it could face me when he goes into the pushchair, but I don't think, on my list of priorities, it's that big an issue. I got mine from a lady selling hers on eBay for ??100, bargainimage
    My son's still in the pram top, he's about 65cm long but he still fits in it. It's a beautiful looking pram, traditional but still modern, and I love mine because it's just plain black. Plus I think, even if you do buy it brand new, it's pretty good value as you get so much with it for which other systems would charge you extra.

Em x x x
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback ladies, I really appreciate it. I think I have now changed my mind and now love the Mamas and Papas Pliko Pramette - the design we like has ??200 off the package at the moment which makes it a bit more affordable. It was really helpful to get your feedback though. xx