Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

naps

my son is 15 months and has one big long nap in pram in the day as i go for a long walk with him, is this wrong? should i be puttting him down in cot. he does seem to prefer his pram.

Replies

• Options
    i am trying to lose weight at mo so walking 2 hours a day fits in well, i just hope im not amking a rod for my own back!
  • Options
    I can't see a problem with that if it works for both of you that's good! If he sleeps in his cot alright at night then you know he is ok with settling in his cot. Probably prefers pram as that is what he's used too in the day x
  • Options
    millie doesnt normally have a nap but if she does she will sleep wherever! i think that is best when they can do and go wherever u want xx
  • Options
    Livvy sleeps in her cot if we are at home she still has two naps a day, and if we are out and about she sleeps in her buggy but not along as she does in her cot at home think it is because I have black out blinds and it it nice and quiet and she just loves her cot image
  • Options
    carson used to sleep nice and long in cot in day, and still does in pram at times, but overall i think its less.
  • Options
    If he sleeps in the pram during the day and sleeps in the cot at home then Im sure it will be fine. Does he settle down by himself at night?

If you go out for the day or you go round to family, is he ok at following asleep if hes not in the pram?

Im sure its fine, so long as he can settle himself during the day and doesnt rely on a bit of movement if that makes sense.
  • Options
    If it works for both of you during the day and he still settles ok in his cot at night, I don't see a problem with it. Personally the main reason I prefer my ds to nap in his cot/bed at home at the moment is so I can rest while he's asleep, which I can't do if he sleeps while we're out - but I'm 32 weeks pregnant! I do like him to be able to nap in his pushchair/car seat though, I think it'd be making a rod for your own back to have a child who will only sleep in his own bed and nowhere else.
  • Options
    if we go to see family ect he will nap in car on way there, pram if out and i nearly never put him cot in day as out! he settles himself at night,yes i just give bottle then go. with a kiss night night.