Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gutted, L phase.

Think I am out for this month. I am CD29(8dpo) and have started spotting this afternoon! so tomorrow will be CD1.......gutted........ was convinced my symptoms were real. I feel so so s***. I just want to go to bed and cry.:cry:

I dont think it is implantation as it is a mixture of brown and red (sorry tmi!)

This is the bit where i need advice. This is the 2nd month where my LP has been less than 10 days. Do I wait another month and then got o see doc or make appointment now? I think I am right in saying that LP has to be 10 days minimum?
Thanksxx
Good luck to everyone else still in!

Replies

• Options
    hi mrsmel.

I have been reading some of the research on luteal phase defect and you can take vitamin b supplements and agnus castus. If you google it you'll find some more info. I'm not sure the doctor will do anything as from what i have heard unless you have been trying for a year they won't run any tests, unless you get a understanding doctor.

I was worried about mine as well as i had a mc a few months ago and mine was only about 9 days so i took some vitamin b and it seems to have sorted it. But i'll have to see what happens this month.

Hope this is of some help.

• Options
    Thank you for that, off to holland and barrats for me tomorrow! I am also taking a conception multivit that includes the right amount of folic acid, will check RDA for vit B!
  • Options
    My luteal phase was less than 10 days when I had my first baby and am now preg again and I think again it was less than 10 days or even about 10 days. The doc could give you a progesterone test which has to be taken on a specific day though? Good luck x
  • Options
    Hi Mrsmel, not got any advice. Just wanted to say sorry you didn't get your bfp this month, i'm also out for April started spotting this morning. Good luck for next month x
  • Options
    Hi MrsMel,

My luteal phase is also short at 8 days. You need to take vitamin B6 (which is different to vitamin B) but the recommended dose of 50mg per day is 2500% of the rda so I'm not sure about taking it?!!

• Options
    Mine is short too at 8-9 days but I got preg with lo within 6 months so it can and does happen. I tried taking vit B6, it didn't have any effect on my lp but does seem to work for others. Just a word of warning though, don't take too much B6 as it can give you numbness and tingling. good luck x
  • Options
    Thanks Emmsy!

I've started on my B6 and am just hoping it works!

x