Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

question about conception to implantation

Thought some of you clever ladies might be able to help me. Know you dont implant until 6-10 dpo. Just was wondering why it takes so long for this to happen after the egg is fertilised?! No reason really, just wondering what is happening in this time xxx

Replies

• Options
    There are many conditions that must be satisfied in order for a successful implantation to take place. There is only a specific period of time during which implantation is possible this is the "implantation window".

A reason for this window is that if implantation does not occur at a certain time, then it signifies that something is wrong. And when there is a risk that something is wrong, there will most likely be a miscarriage rather than the continued gestation of a malformed fetus.

Got that from wiki, I take that to mean that the body uses that window as a sort of screening process.
  • Options
    thats helppful thanks, So what do you think it is doing in this time lambchop? Just floating along slowly?? weird question i know!
  • Options
    Hi hun

You should watch the great sperm race on youtube its fascinating and those little swimmers do have allsorts of obstacles in their way he he

xx
  • Options
    The linning of the womb has to be ready for implantation and the embryo starts dividing, when the embryo has got to a certain stage its thought it gives off a signal to make the lining of the womb allow it to penetrate and implant.

Dx
  • Options
    thanks for your replies! I did watch that SD,its really interesting. Still seemed like a long time between actual conception and the implantation! Its only that im 3 dpo and wondering what could be hapenning inside me! xx