Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sick?

My little girl is 7 days old today and for the past few days she's starting bringing quite a bit of milk back up after feeding/during winding. i was just wondering if this is normal or something i should be worrying about? Also, sometimes it's like projectile aswell image makes me feel really worried when she does it but she always seems her usual self after, doesn't cry when she brings anything back up and just goes back to sleep after she's done it aswell. i've asked a few mummys that i know and they all said it's normal for the first few weeks and my mum said i also did this when i was a baby and just to make sure that my LO isn't trying to take too much feed at one time. Any advice welcome image Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Possetting is perfectly normal in babies and in fact it may not be as much milk as you think that she is bringing up, if you were to pour out 1oz of milk onto a muslin you will be amazed at how much it is. Projectile vomiting can be a sign of reflux but if she is not doing all the time and is in no discomfort after then I wouldn't worry about it. Babies will just bring back up some milk if they are a bit over full.

Congrats on your little girl.